South Africans should all be able to go to work safe in the knowledge that employers will do everything they can to protect you from work related accidents and illnesses.
Sadly, this protection is sometimes inadequate or missing. Each year thousands of workers are left with serious injuries or illnesses as a result of their working conditions.
Any injury that occurs during the course and scope of your employment may be considered an injury that is covered by workers’ compensation. Our workers’ compensation attorneys are available to represent those who have sustained many types of work-related injuries, including:
- Fractures and herniated disks
- Industrial vehicle collision and on the job motor vehicle collisions
- Neck injuries and back injuries
- Total Disability – Temporary Total Disability and Permanent Total Disability
- Traumatic shoulder and leg injuries
- Repetitive trauma motion — including carpal tunnel and tendonitis
- Permanent Partial Disability
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Railroad injuries
- Industrial injuries caused by sub-contractors and other third parties
- Industrial disease including asbestosis and mesothelioma
Talk to an Occupational Injury specialist advisor today