In a world, which emphasises the portrayal of beauty to society, people will always be in pursuit of perfection and often turn to cosmetic surgery to achieve the desired result. However, perfection is not guaranteed with cosmetic surgery and the result can be devastating and, in some instances, even fatal when a surgeon is negligent in his performance.
Common cosmetic surgeries include eye-lifts, face-lifts, liposuction, breast augmentation, collagen injections and rhinoplasty.
Cosmetic surgery negligence includes:
- Cosmetic surgery performed by non-plastic surgeons
- Failure to obtain a full history from the patient
- The use of nurse anaesthetists instead of anaesthesiologists to save costs
- Exceeding the scope of the patient’s informed consent
- Performing lengthy procedures in private offices, unequipped to deal with any complications instead of in a hospital.
If you feel that you have been let down in your honest pursuit of aesthetic improvement, talk to a Cosmetic Surgery specialist advisor today.