An airbag can save the life of the driver or passengers in a motor vehicle. However, defective airbags can do greater harm than good. If you think an airbag defect contributed to your injuries in a motor vehicle accident, you need a lawyer who understands motor vehicle product liability.
Defective airbags and injuries from airbags can be the result of:
- Tearing of airbag fabric
- Electrical and wiring issues
- Too few or poor sensor placement
- Poor deployment threshold
- Inadequate consumer warnings, or failure to warn of known dangers
- Airbag fabric catching on surrounding equipment and not deploying fully
- Failing to reinstall airbags in a vehicle that had previously deployed airbags
- Failing to use tethers to make sure airbags do no reach too far
- Venting and folding defect (mistakes in the number, location and size of gas vents and patterns used to fold airbags).
Talk to an Airbag Injury specialist advisor today