MISDIAGNOSIS OF MEDICAL CONDITIONS
At MED Attorneys, we operate in a network of medical specialists able to identify diagnostic errors in all areas of medicine. A doctor’s error in diagnosis, whether it stems from delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis, can result in devastating injuries or illnesses. Common examples of delayed diagnosis and misdiagnosis include:
- Failure to request, read and/or report on an X-ray
- Failure to request the requisite specialist diagnostic testing
- Failure to respond correctly to test results
- Failure to refer to specialist treatment
- Failure to prescribe treatment at an early stage when timeous diagnosis and early treatment is critically linked to outcome
When certain key elements have been established such as the existence of a doctor-patient relationship, medical negligence on the part of the doctor and the actual harm that was caused to a patient as a result of the misdiagnosis, the patient will be able to proceed with a medical negligence lawsuit against the medical practitioner.
Areas of delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis include cancer prevention and cure orthopaedics and misdiagnosis by a general practitioner over a long period of time.
Talk to a Misdiagnosis specialist advisor today